Research means creating scholarly content. Although we see many changes in how digital scholarly content is distributed and consumed (mobile devices just one example), researchers primarily care about content creation. STM publishers could do a much better job supporting researchers with digital content creation – in providing better tools and reconsidering licenses for content use.
You may also like:
- Q & A: Updates on important initiatives for scholarly publishers
- The gatekeeper is dead! Long live the gatekeeper! Or: What does filtering mean for scholarly communications in a web-based world?
- Concurrent 2C: Managing Supplemental Content: Practical Advice for Publishers and Researchers
- Managing Supplemental Content: Practical Advice for Publishers and Researchers: Introduction
- Datacite: helping researchers to find, access and reuse data